The success of Footprints candidates depends on environmentally sustainable programs, economic and technical control of projects, and innovative project proposals.
A two-phase consultation process
A Mark of Interest phase, common to all the sites, aimed at gathering the interest of the groups for one or several sites. This phase is closed and the jury has selected a maximum of 4 groups per site. Discover the results of phase 1
The Project phase, in progress, will give candidates the opportunity to craft a proposal responsive to all of the criteria stipulated in the consultation application provided at the start of this second phase. This phase will last 6 to 9 months depending on each site’s complexity, and will include frequent dialogue with Paris La Défense and its partners. The launch of Phase 2 may be divided into two steps:
- 3rd quarter 2022: Jean-Moulin and Ségoffin,
- Mid-2023: Demi-Lune, Gambetta, Liberté.
Once the results have been announced, the top-ranked group for each site will enjoy a period of exclusivity. The period of exclusivity will be dedicated to planning the transfer of rights (sale, leasehold…) and lifting any reservations the jury may have. The chosen structuring will necessarily guarantee control over programming and diversification of Paris La Défense’s economic model. Should negotiations fail, Paris La Défense may turn to the candidate that was ranked second.
All talents are welcome
Candidates may be historical operators or “start-ups” teamed up with experienced partners. Each consortium must include:
- at least one real estate operator that can act as the consortium’s representative,
- at least one architect and urban planner with experience in tactical urbanism (for the Liberté site in particular),
- for sites that require this expertise, technical consultants with experience in “above-the-street” construction in a dense urban environment,
- technical consultants specialized in sustainable development and urban ecology (revegetation, recycling, program adaptability and reversibility, active mobility…),
- expertise in urban planning and landscaping,
- an economist.
The Banque des territoires The Banque des territoires aims to support the development of more connected, more sustainable, more inclusive and more attractive territories.