- 9,000 sq.m
- 15 minutes on foot from the Cœur Transport mobility hub
- 5 minutes from the future Gallieni Garden
- 10 minutes from downtown Puteaux
Thought of as a link between the business district’s different sectors and neighboring cities, the project that will stem from Empreintes already looks promising.
Urban setting and features
The lot is mainly structured around the Liberté roundabout, the Boulevard Patrick-Devedjian and its overpass. The development must unite different urban profiles by leveraging excellent natural light exposure.
The site’s repurposing will notably require:
- A new design of road infrastructure to create pedestrian connections,
- The creation of a large public space extending Rue Paul Lafargue and linking it to the Cours Michelet,
- The repurposing of lots today dedicated to road transportation and adopting mixed-use urban design.
The overpass to be repurposed is currently used by a logistics platform and the construction base for The Link project (until 2025). Works may as a result commence starting in 2026.
The Liberté site’s location offers the opportunity to leverage the natural light and open ground. This gateway to the business district may lend itself to one or more low-carbon mixed-use real estate programs featuring different leisure areas.
The traffic reduction of the Boulevard Patrick-Devedjian sends a strong signal for the site’s future transformation: the new public space will provide residents and employees with a walkway adapted to their needs, connecting the La Défense elevated plaza and downtown Puteaux in 10 minutes.
Publicly-accessible ground floors (businesses, services, workshop activities, multi-purpose cultural areas…) may be added to reversible spaces.
The Liberté site can then:
- Connect to the Esplanade and Cours Michelet businesses,
- Provide access to the Paris La Défense and Puteaux’s existing services and facilities,
- Extend and complement the vast existing and planned green spaces (the Esplanade urban park project, the Jardin Gallieni by 2030).