Responding to the call for projects
Empreintes embodies Paris La Défense’s new Raison d’être. Its success depends on implementing programs that are environmentally sustainable, economically balanced, technically impeccable and which introduce innovative schemes. Empreintes is for you, no matter if you are a new applicant, an occasional, or a regular partner.
A two-phase consultation process
The Expression of interest phase, applying to all sites, seeks to collect interests from consortiums for one or several sites. The jury will select maximum 4 consortiums per site. This first phase is scheduled to last 6 months.
The application deadline is May 30, 2022
The Project phase will give candidates the opportunity to craft a proposal responsive to all of the criteria stipulated in the consultation application provided at the start of this second phase. This phase will last 6 to 9 months depending on each site’s complexity, and will include frequent dialogue with Paris La Défense and its partners. The launch of Phase 2 may be divided into two steps:
- 3rd quarter 2022: Jean-Moulin and Ségoffin,
- Mid-2023: Demi-Lune, Gambetta, Liberté.
Once the results have been announced, the top-ranked group for each site will enjoy a period of exclusivity. The period of exclusivity will be dedicated to planning the transfer of rights (sale, leasehold…) and lifting any reservations the jury may have. The chosen structuring will necessarily guarantee control over programming and diversification of Paris La Défense’s economic model. Should negotiations fail, Paris La Défense may turn to the candidate that was ranked second.
All talents are welcome
Candidates may be historical operators or “start-ups” teamed up with experienced partners. Each consortium must include:
- at least one real estate operator that can act as the consortium’s representative,
- at least one architect and urban planner with experience in tactical urbanism (for the Liberté site in particular),
- for sites that require this expertise, technical consultants with experience in “above-the-street” construction in a dense urban environment,
- technical consultants specialized in sustainable development and urban ecology (revegetation, recycling, program adaptability and reversibility, active mobility…),
- expertise in urban planning and landscaping,
- an economist