Personal data - Cookies
Personal data protection policy
In order to respect the privacy of Internet users, Paris La Défense undertakes to ensure that the collection and processing of personal information is carried out in accordance with EU Regulation No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, hereinafter referred to as "RGPD", and with all the provisions of the applicable French regulations in this area.
We only use your personal data in the cases provided for by the regulations in force:
- the performance of a contract we have entered into with you; and/or
- compliance with a legal obligation; and/or
- your consent to the use of your data;
- the existence of a legitimate interest in using your data. The legitimate interest is a set of editorial and/or commercial reasons that justify the use of your data by Paris La Défense.
1. Data controller - Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The controller is Paris La Défense, a public institution, whose registered office is located at 110 Esplanade du Général-de-Gaulle - Cœur Défense - Tour B - in Paris La Défense Cedex (92932), registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Registry under number 833 718 794 - identified SIRET 833 718 794 00013 - SIREN 833 718 794 - NAF 4110C,
Represented by Laurent Roques, Acting Managing Director, appointed by mission letter dated 10 July 2010, received at the legality control on 10 July 2020, having full powers for the purpose hereof in application of article R. 328-9 of the town planning code.
A Personal Data Protection Officer has been appointed, whose contact details are as follows: email@example.com
Paris La Défense operates the following websites (hereinafter the "Site"):
2. Data collected
2.1 - General data
Data transmitted by you and/or subscribers are collected and processed, in particular via:
- the Registration Form;
- registration to one of the newsletters and/or communications of Paris La Défense;
- when participating in promotions or contests;
- during your navigation on the digital media(s);
- by certain partners of Paris La Défense offering services from its Site.
The data collected may include, but are not limited to:
- surname, first name, age group;
- email address ;
- username and password used to identify you on its Site or applications;
- choice in terms of commercial prospecting.
Some of the personal data is required when creating an account, to subscribe to Paris La Défense publications, to establish statistics on the use of digital media (s), or to meet the legal obligations incumbent on Paris La Défense.
You voluntarily provide this data. The optional or mandatory nature of the data is indicated to you when they are collected by an asterisk. Paris La Défense collects and processes data about you from its business partners, in particular on the use of services available from digital media.
Each time you visit our Site and/or applications, we collect information about your connection and browsing. Different technologies can be used to collect this data. The main one is the cookie (see our Cookies policy below in article 3.4 and article 7).
2.2 - Data relating to minors
In principle, our products and services are intended for adults who are able to enter into contractual obligations. The minor user must obtain the consent of his or her legal representative before disclosing any personal data concerning him or her. For registration on our Site and for some of our online services (newsletter for example), the age of 16 is accepted. An Internet user under 18 years of age at the time of publication or creation of an online account has a specific right to have his or her data deleted.
2.3 - Data relating to a third party
Before offering a subscription or any other product or service we provide to a third party, you must ensure that the person concerned agrees to the disclosure of their personal data to us.
3. Purposes of the processing operation
We use the data referred to in the previous article for the following main purposes:
3.1 - Operations required to provide products or services
- event registration management;
- Sending information to event partners;
- management of subscriptions to our newsletters and/or email alerts;
- Conducting satisfaction surveys;
- sending information on the modification or evolution of our services;
- management of the exercise of your rights over your personal data;
- verification of compliance with applicable legislation, our contracts and general conditions.
3.2 - Marketing and sales prospecting operations relating to Paris La Défense's publications, products and services
- update, enrichment and deduplication of your personal information in a dedicated database;
- personalized loyalty or sales prospecting actions;
- setting up contests or other promotional operations;
- collection of customer opinions;
- development of statistics.
3.3 - Operations related to commercial partnerships
- sending marketing, advertising and promotional messages about partners' products and services by e-mail;
- setting up contests or other promotional or event operations with commercial partners.
3.4 - Purposes associated with the placement of cookies and similar technologies (hereinafter referred to as "cookies") on your browser
Cookies issued on this site or on our applications allow us to recognize your device's browser during the legal storage period of the cookie concerned. The Cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices:
- to establish statistics and volumes of visits and use of the various elements composing our site (sections and contents visited, routes), allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when you visit our site, depending on the display or playback hardware and software that your device contains;
- to store information relating to a form you have completed on our site and/or our applications (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have chosen on our site and/or our applications (service subscribed as newsletter or alert, etc.);
- to allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our site and/or applications, such as your account, using identifiers or data that you may have previously entrusted to us;
- to implement security measures, for example when you are asked to reconnect to content or a service after a certain period of time; to adapt the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces according to the personal data you have provided us.
Cookies issued on our site by third parties....
...Due to third-party applications integrated into our site
We may include on our sites and applications, computer applications from third parties, which allow you to share content from our sites and/or applications with other people or to share with these other people your consultation or opinion regarding content on our sites and/or applications. This is particularly the case for the "Share", "I like" buttons, which come from social networks such as "Facebook", "Twitter", "Instagram". The social network providing such an application button is likely to identify you through this button, even if you did not use this button when visiting our sites and/or applications. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing on our sites and/or applications simply because your account on the social network concerned was activated on your device (open session) during your browsing on our site. We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information about your browsing, and associated with the personal data they hold. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to learn about the purposes of use, including advertising, of the browsing information they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, in particular by setting up your user accounts for each of these networks.
4. Data retention period
Your personal data are kept for a period of time in accordance with the legal provisions or in proportion to the purposes for which they were recorded. Retention periods vary depending on whether we have an ongoing contractual relationship (you are an active customer), whether we have had a contractual relationship with you in the past (you are an inactive customer) or whether we have never had such a relationship with you (you are a prospect). The data related to your browsing on our online services collected by the cookies you have authorized has a specific retention period.
5. Access to data
5.2 Data transmission
Are likely to have access to some of your data:
- The subcontractors
They provide services on our behalf, in particular:
management, development and maintenance of the website and mobile applications;
management of digital mail;
carrying out maintenance operations and technical developments;
collection of customer opinions;
provision of analytical solutions or statistics for audience measurement.
Social networking platforms
The use of social networks to interact with our Site and applications (in particular the "share" buttons on Facebook, Twitter) is likely to lead to data exchanges between Paris La Défense and these social networks. We therefore invite you to consult the personal data management policies of the various social networks to find out about the collections and processing they carry out on your data.
- Our business partners
They promote products or services on their own behalf or on behalf of advertisers.
5.3 Data transfer outside the European Union
We store your personal data in the European Union. However, if we were to transfer your data to subcontractors or business partners outside the EU, we would ensure that the processing is governed by the European Commission's standard contractual clauses, which ensure an adequate level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights of individuals.
6. Access and opposition
6.1 Access to personal data
You have the right to access your personal data and to request that it be corrected, completed or updated. You may also request the deletion of your data or object to their processing, provided that you can prove a legitimate reason.
You may request to exercise your right to the portability of your data, i.e. the right to receive the personal data you have provided us in a structured and commonly used format and the right to transmit this data to another controller. You can exercise your rights with the Personal Data Protection Officer whose contact details are given in 1. Before responding to your request, we may verify your identity. In the event of an unsatisfactory response, you can file a complaint with the Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (CNIL): www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
6.2 Opposition to commercial solicitations
You may at any time object to commercial solicitations, in accordance with the procedures provided for by the communication medium concerned.
6.3 Electronic commercial solicitations
When you subscribe to one of our services, when you create an account on our Site or applications, or when you contact us in any other way, you are expressly asked for your consent:
- to receive offers from Paris La Défense;
- to receive offers from Paris La Défense's partners.
In any case, you can always object to the receipt of these requests by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each e-mail, by visiting your online account or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Cookies and similar technologies (hereinafter referred to as "cookies ")
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a site or view an advertisement, subject to your choices. Its purpose is to collect information relating to your navigation and to send you services adapted to your device (computer, mobile or tablet). Cookies are managed by your internet browser and only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein. The use of any automated system or software to extract and exploit all or part of this content is prohibited. We reserve the right to:
- implement any protection system that we deem useful to prevent or stop any automated system or software and/or any action to extract or collect any data from our digital media;
- and to bring any claim or action necessary to prevent, stop and punish any infringement of the rights to our content and/or digital media, including in the context of legal proceedings, without prior notice.
Your choices regarding cookies
The choices offered to you by our sites
You can configure your browser software so that cookies are stored in your Device or, on the contrary, that they are rejected, either systematically or according to their originator. You can also configure your browser software so that you are offered the option of accepting or rejecting cookies from time to time, before a cookie is likely to be stored on your Device.
The Cookies Agreement
The recording of a cookie in a device is essentially subject to the will of the user of the Device, which he can express and modify at any time and free of charge through the choices offered to him by his browser software. If you have accepted the registration of cookies in your Device in your browser software, the cookies embedded in the pages and content you have viewed may be temporarily stored in a dedicated area of your Device. They will be readable only by their transmitter.
Refusal of Cookies
If you refuse to store cookies on your Device, or delete cookies stored on your Device, you will no longer be able to use the features of our sites. This would be the case if you attempted to access our content or services. This would also be the case if we - or our service providers - could not recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your Device, its language and display settings or the country from which your Device appears to be connected to the Internet. If necessary, we decline all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded functioning of our services resulting from the impossibility for us to record or consult the cookies necessary for their functioning and that you have refused or deleted.
How to make your choices, depending on the browser you use?
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
8. Security of personal data
As data controller, we take all necessary measures to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data and in particular to prevent damage to it or unauthorised access by third parties. To this end, we do everything possible to guarantee the physical security of the buildings housing our IT systems, as well as the security of the IT system, including encryption measures. In addition, we ensure that our subcontractors comply with the rules on the protection of personal data.
9. Updating of the personal data protection policy