Bike to work
- From September 23, 2020 to September 24, 2020
What if we changed our modes of travel to work? The Bike to work is a two-day initiative to test, find out more about and change your mobility. Let's make the change!
You want to start cycling but don't know where to start? You come to La Défense by bike, but you want to find out more and discover new services and products? Do you want to discover the artwork that can be implemented by companies? Paris La Défense and Mobility Makers have devised a tailor-made programme to make you want to adopt cycling sustainably.
September 23rd programme
- 9h-11h - Mobility morning: A morning to be followed in person and online with qualified speakers and selected participants. Find a presentation of the Paris La Défense Bicycle Plan, exchanges on the development of cycling in France, a tour of the Monge and Europe of best practices in business districts, exchanges, startup pitches, networking, etc.
o 9:00-9:30 a.m.: a world and European tour of business district best practices with Jessica Cabe, PR and Communications Manager at Chicago Loop Alliance, Richard Guiney, Chief Executive Officer in Dublin Town and Emile Roux, Managing Director at SDC Destination Centre-Ville Montréal
o 9.30-10am: presentation of the Paris La Défense Bike Plan and discussions on the development of cycling in France with Thierry Du Crest, Interministerial Bike Coordinator (Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition), Céline Forestier, CEO of Réseau Cyclable and Anouk Exertier, head of the Mobility Cluster in Paris La Défense.
o 10am-11am: several presentations by Allianz, the French Cycling Federation and its partner the CIC, and Cyclofix
- 9am-6pm: Mobility Village set up all along the Cours Valmy.
o 30 exhibitors, 10 Startups
o Test tracks
o A school bike
o 10 Demo talks
o Bicycle exchange from 9am to 11am to drop off your bike and from 12.30pm to 4pm to buy bikes.
o Village of associations
o Bicycle repair / maintenance workshop
- 9h-18h: Discovery tours on departure and arrival Cours Valmy. These are guided tours to discover the bike accesses to La Défense. A slot for 10 people every 30 minutes. Electric bikes are on loan. Open to all, cyclists and non-cyclists.
September 24th programme
- 9am-6pm: Mobility Village set up all along the Cours Valmy and Discovery Tours at the start and finish of the Cours Valmy.
All detailed information on exhibitors and registration for the discovery tours and activities are available here.