The Link Tower construction site - Start of the structural work
May 27, 2022 - Jul 2, 2022
KEY STEP IN THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS: BUILDING THE TOWER'S INVERT
**What is an invert?
The invert is a "very thick slab" on which we will build the base of the Tower and then the two wings of the Tower. It is therefore a major work that will ensure the distribution of loads. In our profession, this is a key stage in the progress of a project because it launches the start of the "structural work".
**What are the stages of its realization?
At the end of the earthwork phase and the leveling of the 138 completed bar heads, we will be able to launch the invert according to the following process:
- Creation of a "clean concrete" on the entire surface concerned
- Implementation of an "extrados casing" to ensure the watertightness of the structure
- Concreting the surface to the required thickness
- The architecture of the tower: The architectural firm (PCA-STREAM) has imagined a completely innovative tower morphology that will offer a new horizontality of the work spaces thanks to its two wings connected by 30 links.
- This implies that the invert will be a very highly stressed structure and will manage a consequent resumption of forces. Its architecture therefore imposes a so-called structural constraint.
**The architecture of the tower The architectural firm (PCA-STREAM) has imagined a completely innovative tower morphology that will offer a new horizontality of the work spaces thanks to its two wings connected by 30 links. This implies that the invert will be a very highly stressed structure and will manage a consequent resumption of forces. Its architecture therefore imposes a so-called structural constraint.
The volume of very low-carbon concrete to be poured is substantial, more than 10,000 m3, and it is impossible to build the invert in one go. We therefore plan to divide it into 6 blocks. Nevertheless, this division is complex because it must imperatively respect the resumption of efforts according to the zones of the perimeter concerned and especially ensure the durability of the Tower on which it will rest in the long term.
**The site and the requirements of concrete
In addition to the structural constraints, there are also :
- Access to the construction site is limited by the traffic of the ring road
- The reduced size of the site in which the construction site is evolving, which unfortunately does not allow for the installation of significant and permanent pumping equipment to ensure a minimum production rate
- The capacity of the concrete plants to produce/supply materials and the management of the circulation authorizations of the truck mixers
- The maximum delay of 5 hours between the preparation of the concrete and its setting to certify the conformity of the material at the risk of :
- having to destroy a part of the structure with the BRH (jackhammer)
- extend the duration of this phase
The impact of these exceptional operations:
The access to the site of the truck mixers is conditioned by the traffic of the ring road and the possibility of having such a wide range of hours can only be envisaged on Saturdays with an installation the evening before from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
For safety reasons, these operations will take place under partial closure of the ring road. The proposed detour routes will be the same as those initiated during the installation of the logistics platform.
**Partial closure of the southern ring road (between the Gallieni loop and the Bellini crossroads): from 9pm on Friday to midnight on Saturday
- Friday, May 27
- Saturday, June 04
- Saturday, June 18
- Saturday June 25
- Saturday, July 02
These dates are subject to change between the end of May and mid July. We apologize in advance for the inconvenience caused and remain at your disposal for any further information.
Same detour as during the partial closures of the Boulevard Circulaire last January (routes to Paris / Neuilly-sur-Seine)
To contact us : email@example.com
0800 943 124