6 new players commit to La Défense's environmental transition
Fifteen companies are now working together for the future of the area! Following on from the first nine companies to sign the Post-Carbon Commitment Charter proposed by Paris La Défense last July, six new players have pledged to help reduce the business district's carbon emissions by 2030 and transform its uses.
The Préfecture des Hauts-de-Seine, the Département des Hauts-de-Seine, BNP Paribas Real Estate, Icade, Colliers and Aire Nouvelle have in turn just signed the post-carbon Charter of Commitments, preceded by nine other players this summer: Q-Park, Redman, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, AXA Investment Managers, GSF, ICN Business School, IESEG, Groupama Immobilier and Sodexo. Some 15 companies are now working with Paris La Défense to ensure the area's environmental transition, reduce its carbon emissions and transform its uses by 2030.
This partnership charter, supported by the public institution and announced at the closing conference of the Etats Généraux de la Transformation des Tours, is proposed to the entire Paris La Défense ecosystem. Owners, managers, companies and higher education establishments are invited to commit to making a lasting contribution to the decarbonization and transformation of the district.
The Charter of Reciprocal Commitments
At the initiative of the developer, the Etablissement Public Paris La Défense, this charter can be implemented without any regulatory changes or external intervention. To be fully effective, it will be monitored over time. The main components of the charter include
- Commitment to an overall carbon performance compatible with the territorial objective of reducing GHG emissions by a factor of 2 by 2030;
- Raising awareness of climate issues and providing training for all local stakeholders;
- Decarbonize uses within the region by combining efficiency and sobriety;
- Decarbonize material cycles and work towards energy sobriety;
- Anticipate the need to adapt to climate change;
- Building a fairer, more inclusive region for a desirable post-carbon society;
- Measuring and improving collective performance.
10 proposals for transforming the towers of La Défense
Among the contributions made during the Etats Généraux for the transformation of high-rise buildings, 10 were examined in depth and discussed with operators and several relevant ministries. Their aim is to promote and design buildings that use fewer materials and are more energy-efficient, while offering more uses and services.