Let's celebrate the brand new Place de La Défense on September 22, 2023!
After two years of work, the Place de La Défense, one of the emblematic operations transforming the area, is now renovated and planted with greenery. So it's time to celebrate its renewal in style. It's time to celebrate!
Employees, residents, shopkeepers, we look forward to seeing you there to celebrate with us the handover of Place de La Défense on September 22, 2023 from 11:30 a.m. at the very heart of this completely renovated public space!
On the program
- speeches by the project leaders,
- A festive buffet featuring Place de La Défense restaurants, cotton candy and popcorn stands,
- musical and artistic entertainment: a magician-mentalist, a van photocall to take home a souvenir, and a live band.
The revival of Place de La Défense
A major public space on the historic axis, right in the heart of the La Défense district and surrounded by the monumental works of Calder and Miró, this emblematic square is the nerve center of Paris La Défense, a meeting place for thousands of people and the scene of numerous events and festivities. Now with new slabs, the square offers a 20,000 m² space bordered by the Westfield Les 4 Temps shopping center on one side and the Maison de La Défense on the other. The renovation was designed around 4 green spaces:
- the central square, whose primary vocation is to host events: misters will refresh passers-by in summer, and the 2,000 m² lawn is an inviting place to relax, particularly at lunchtime;
- the area next to the RATP glass roof (located above the Cœur Transport station), enhanced by new shrubs;
- the area around Calder's Red Spider: the flagstones have also been replaced, and planters and natural seats installed. The area will be planted with warm-toned tree species, echoing the sculpture;
- the space around Miró's work: in front of the counter, the Fantastic Characters are at the heart of a curved garden in their image, with new seating.