A key step in the evolution of Europe's first business district
This is a turning point in the history of the business district that took place on 1 January 2018, with the merger of the competencies of EPADESA (Établissement Public d'Aménagement de La Défense Seine Arche) and Defacto (Établissement Public de Gestion et d'Animation de La Défense) within the same local public institution: Paris La Défense.
A local public institution for an international ambition
The new governance, transferred from the State to local authorities, responds to a challenge of modernizing the business district necessary to strengthen its attractiveness. The main challenge is to transform the business district into a living area. This also involves the renovation, or even the renewal, of the neighbourhood's structures and public spaces.
Paris La Défense brings together the planning and management skills that enable it to pursue the development of the district and compete with its international competitors. The establishment continues to ensure the daily management, while developing the animation of public spaces and the development of urban projects.
Composition of the Board of Directors
Hauts-de-Seine County Council:
- Georges Siffredi, Chairman of the Board
- Christian Dupuy,
- Camille Bedin,
- Isabelle Caullery,
- Alexandra Fourcade,
- Yves Révillon,
- Marie-Pierre Limoge,
- Vincent Franchi,
- Eric Berdoati.
City of Courbevoie: Jacques Kossowski
City of Nanterre: Patrick Jarry
City of Paris: Emmanuel Grégoire
City of Puteaux: Joëlle Ceccaldi-Raynaud
Île-de-France Regional Council: Denis Gabriel
Greater Paris Metropolis: Éric Cesari
Two qualified persons appointed by the State:
- Ministry of Territorial Cohesion: Philippe Gervais-Lambony
- Ministry of Economy and Finance: Jean Bensaïd
Guest in his capacity as Prefect of the Region: Marc Guillaume
First milestones of the merged facility
- January 1, 2018: EPADESA and Defacto teams, as well as contractual commitments, are transferred to the new establishment, Paris La Défense;
- 8 March 2018, first Board of Directors: Patrick Devedjian is elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of Paris La Défense;
- 19 March 2018, second CA: Marie-Célie Guillaume is elected General Manager of Paris La Défense
- 28 April 2020: death of Patrick Devedjian, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Paris La Défense ;
- 5 June 2020: Georges Siffredi is elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of Paris La Défense ;
- 29 September 2020 : Pierre-Yves Guice is appointed General Manager of Paris La Défense by the Board of Directors.