The future RER E station in Nanterre
The third new station in the Eole project (western extension of RER E) will be located on the Les Groues rail right-of-way.
This intermodal station in the heart of the renovated Les Groues district will contribute to its dynamism and to the development of intermodality and soft modes (bicycles, pedestrians, etc.). It will contribute to the desaturation of the A and will also be a possible alternative in the event of an incident with a 5-minute walk between the two RER lines.
The project to extend RER E westward requires the construction of garage lanes and service buildings. The site called "railway island" north of the Eole station (consisting of former warehouses and workshops) will be developed for the installation of garage tracks and a service building.
Key points and benefits of the future railway station
- Nanterre train station will open in 2022.
- Commissioning of RER line E to Nanterre in 2022, then to Mantes-la-Jolie in 2024.
- An interconnected station: RER A in Nanterre Préfecture, bus, future line 15 West of the Grand Paris Express
- Frequent trains: 22 trains per hour
- Nanterre, terminus of the Eastern branch of the RER E (Chelles / Tournan - Nanterre)
Eole - Perspective du porche de la gare de Nanterre © VIGUIER-MIMRAM-IDA+