Year of construction: 1974 (renovation in 2000)
Architects: Jean-Robert Delb, Michel Chesneau, Jean Verola, with B. Lalande
Surface area: 34,500 sq.m
Height: 110 m. 31 floors
Former name: Winterthur
Address: 24, Passage Franklin - 92800 Puteaux
Nearest car park : Boieldieu
Nearest metro station: La Défense Grande Arche
Completely renovated in 2000 by the Swiss architect Hervé Dessimoz, the W Tower, formerly known as Winterthur, is composed of a central reinforced concrete core. Designed according to the same principle as its neighbor Franklin, it is, with its 32 floors, the smaller of the two Siamese twins.
A word about the architect
Second Grand Prix de Rome in 1957, Jean-Robert Delb was entrusted with the construction of this tower in 1974. Author of numerous office buildings, Jean-Robert Delb founded his own agency in 1961. After several collaborations in France and Morocco, he became particularly active in western Paris.
He built many office buildings and was also the author of one of the most important residential towers in Paris: the Bourcy Tower in the 18th district. In the 1970s, in association with Michel Chesneau and Jean Verola, the architect designed four towers in La Défense: W, Franklin, Atlantique and Europe.