Year of construction: 2016
Architect: Atelier Zundel Cristea
Program of approximately 11 477 sq.m. including :
9,716 sq.m. of mixed housing, i.e. 147 dwellings
. 894 sq.m. intended for a municipal public facility (social and cultural centre). 867 sq.m. intsq.m.ended for a business centre
A mixed ensemble, housing, offices and activities
Designed by Atelier Zündel Cristea for Bouygues Immobilier, this mixed housing, office and business complex is located on Terrace 9. It is divided into two distinct parts:
- an L-shaped building made of enamelled bricks, inspired by New York's terrace apartments;
- three buildings laid on the base composed of double height terraces that will accommodate various plantations.
The 11,477 sq.m. program includes
- 147 housing units (9,716 sq.m), 88 of which are open-access, 26 are supervised, and 33 are social housing PLUS managed by the OMHLM;
- A municipal public facility: a social and cultural centre (894 sq.m).
- A business centre, i.e. office space rented at attractive prices for SMEs or the occasional needs of large companies operating in the sector (867 sq.m)
Green Home is a BEPOS-labelled program. It has the particularity of producing more energy for housing than it consumes thanks to innovative techniques:
- Orientation of the apartments which allows them to benefit from a maximum sun contribution;
- Electricity production thanks to the 525 sq.m of photovoltaic panels installed on the roof, the residence produces energy that will be sold to EDF;
- Important insulation by the installation of triple glazing;
- Recovery of grey water from the dwellings (shower, bathtub...) transformed into hot sanitary water thanks to a heat pump.
Green Home is Habitat et Environnement certified and has obtained the BBC 2005 Effinergie label, standards required by Paris La Défense, developer of the Espace Défense Seine Arche.
The building has been specifically designed to limit noise and vibration pollution as much as possible (notably by installing anti-vibration cut-outs).
At the crossroads of the main Terrasses axis
On the edge of Terrace 9, opposite the Cité Administrative, close to the French Provinces district and the Cœur de Quartier project, this mixed programme benefits from the immediate proximity of the Nanterre-Université RER station and the A14, A86 and RD914 road infrastructures...
All the public spaces surrounding the programme will be redeveloped by Paris La Défense, including the rear promenade above the RER tunnel.
Work began in March 2014: the foundation stone was laid on 6 June 2014 and the building was inaugurated on 21 June 2016.
A word about the architects
Atelier Zundel Cristea is an architectural firm founded in 2001 by Grégoire Zündel and Irina Cristea and based in Paris. The agency distinguishes itself by its ability to integrate architecture, urbanism and design in its projects to create innovative and functional spaces. AZC has completed numerous large-scale projects in France and abroad, including urban renewal projects, public facilities, workspaces and sports and cultural centers.