Year of construction: 1978. Renovation in 2006
Architects: Roger Saubot, François Jullien, Skidmore and Associates. Surface area: 30,000 sq.m
Height : 37m. 9 floors
Former name: SGAM
Address: 170, Place Henri-Regnault - 92400 Courbevoie
Nearest car park : Coupole-Regnault
Nearest metro station: La Défense Grande Arche
For their second operation in association, the architects are taking the vertical logic of the business district in the wrong direction. They are erecting a 30,000 sq.m floor area, the equivalent of a first-generation tower, no more than 37 m high.
Despite its horizontality, the building is in line with the agency's achievements with its glass façades, silver aluminium profiles and dark blue spandrels.
A word about the architects
Founded in 1936 by Louis Skidmore and Nathaniel Owings, later joined by John Merrill, the Skidmore, Owings and Merrill agency is one of the largest in the world. Known for its ability to combine design excellence and constructive innovation, it has designed numerous office buildings, airports and engineering structures. Its Lever House, built in 1952 in New York, became one of the icons of international modernism. In 2009, the agency signed the highest tower in the world: the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (828m).
In 1969, she is invited as a consultant by the Epad for the Fiat tower, which became Areva. For the project, she joined forces with the Frenchmen Saubot and Jullien. The Franco-American duo was a candidate for the construction of the EDF and Engie towers. However, the Franco-American duo would not sign any more buildings at La Défense until 2004, the year of delivery of the Défense Plaza.