Developer: Paris La Défense
. Investor and marketer: Urban Renaissance
Architect: Enia architects
Design office: Arcadis
Construction company: Brézillon
Surface: 4500 sq.m. dedicated to restaurants / 800 sq.m. of terraces
Location : Axis of La Défense / Esplanade (La Défense)
Delivered in 2020
A place dedicated to gastronomy in La Défense
Delivered in 2020, Table Square is a place dedicated to gastronomy and catering, including a high-end bistronomic restaurant, a quality takeaway lunch offer and a lounge/brasserie area.
This atypical space, located in the middle of the Esplanade, offers a refreshing setting conducive to relaxation and conviviality, just a stone's throw from the Nouveaux Paysages and the Agam fountain.
Table Square thus offers an elegant and contemporary Parisian address in Paris La Défense, showcasing the variety of French gastronomic expertise.
Over 4,500 sq.m. of floor space and 800 sq.m. of terraces, three buildings have emerged. They are entirely dedicated to gastronomy and good eating. The bistronomic restaurant, Eclipse, offers a 360° panoramic view of the Esplanade and the Grande Arche, and has a high terrace. The last restaurant to occupy the premises, 3 Brasseurs le Hub, benefits from a glass roof that gives a unique view of the towers of La Défense. All 7 restaurants offer high quality take-away or on-the-go dining.
Table Square is one of the achievements of the major project to develop the sub-slab areas of the business district. It responds to Paris La Défense's desire to make the district a real place of life and leisure, beyond office hours. Great names in French cuisine have signed the restaurant menus, such as Anne-Sophie Pic, Olivier Bellin and Hugo Desnoyer.
A high quality offer and renowned chefs
- Eclipse - The Table Bar created by Georges Abi Aad. Chef Cyril Boulet is in charge of the kitchen, in partnership with the starred chef Akrame.
- Daily Pic by Anne Sophie Pic: the three-starred chef offers refreshing and creative recipes, delicately preserved in verrines.
- Mersea by Olivier Bellin: fresh and quick street food based on fish, including the unmissable Fish & Chips with pollack.
- Grilled: Hugo Desnoyer selects exceptional meat to offer "Parisian luxury kebabs". The artisanal recipes are then signed by starred chefs Inaki Aizpitarte and Frédéric Peneau.
- It trattoria: The pleasure of simple cooking, made with fresh and authentic products imported directly from Italian producers, but also the pleasure of sharing and conviviality, in a place inspired by Italian and New York.
- Koedo: authentic Japanese cuisine, home-cooked with fresh products. The menu is renewed every day.
- Les 3 Brasseurs - Le Hub: Flanders-inspired cuisine in a friendly, typical northern setting and the first microbrewery in La Défense
The location itself is enhanced by a unique architecture, both on and under the slab. It is a real technical feat for this construction, both on and under the slab, in a place that is already very busy, both structurally with its multiple communication axes and humanly with the 180,000 employees who come to work there every day. To meet this challenge, one key element was used: Krion®. A synthetic material, it is warm to the touch and similar to natural stone. Its composition gives it exclusive characteristics: it transforms in a similar way to wood, which makes it possible to cut the panels, assemble them and thermoform them to create curved parts. It can also be used to create invisible joints, which makes it more elegant and easier to maintain. It is also an ecological material that can be 100% recycled.
Enia Architects proposed this material because, beyond its technical characteristics, when used on a large scale, it is reminiscent of marble or ancient stone, and thus creates a reminder of the materials already present on the historic Parisian axis.
The pedestrian area emphasises the perspective of the district's historic axis. Paris La Défense has carried out a complete renovation of this square, which now offers large spaces renovated with light grey Italian terrazzo tiles, chosen to contrast with the white tiles that delimit the restaurant terraces.
In 2021, the project is the winner of the Rethinking The Future Awards 2021 in the Hospitality category!
Click to enlarge and see all images