Rose de Cherbourg
Developer: Paris La Défense
. Architect and urban planner: Arriola et Fiol Project management: AM Environnement, Lombardi, Ingerop Surface area: 50,000 sq.m.
. Delivery: 2022 Location: Puteaux, Arche Sud Puteaux, Arche Sud
A large-scale urban project in Paris La Défense
The Rose de Cherbourg project aims to rebuild links between the business district and the city of Puteaux by giving more space to soft mobility, particularly through the transformation of the Rose de Cherbourg interchange into a suspended promenade inspired by the New York High Line. The aim is to create a more qualitative entrance to the city and the business district. A large urban square will accommodate new buildings. The existing green spaces will be completed to create a park. New services will be offered: secure bicycle room, two-wheeler parking, games, sports facilities.
Both an environmental and technical choice, the conservation of existing infrastructures is the common thread of this major urban project.
The issues raised by Paris La Défense in the Rose de Cherbourg sector in Puteaux
- Create a new destination!
- Calming traffic and making pedestrian crossings safe,
- Recompose a new entrance to the business district, Recompose a new entrance to the business district, * Enhance the residual green spaces and revegetate the site,
- Transform the interchange to give it a new use,
- Create a new mixed neighbourhood offering services to users.
The main elements of the public space project
- A transformation of the ring road interchange into a suspended promenade inspired by the New York High Line. This new 500-metre vegetated space will be open to both walking and sporting activities,
- A transformation of a part of the circular boulevard into an urban boulevard (up to the Valettes crossroads), which will include a wide pavement and a bicycle path
- The creation of a park,
- A new pedestrian link accessible to all to connect the district with the Terrasses Boieldieu, A new pedestrian link accessible to all to connect the district with the Terrasses Boieldieu, * Play areas: a playground, a skate park and a climbing area for children will be added to the relocation of the basketball court.
- A large pedestrian square that will be the new heart of the district
Ambitious real estate projects
The future of the business district is built on both the improvement of the living environment and a balanced real estate program. At the heart of the Rose de Cherbourg project, several flagship real estate projects have been developed:
- The restructuring of the Pascal Towers is now complete and has given rise to the Landscape project, which has all the characteristics of a sustainable and service-oriented building;
- The Hekla tower, scheduled for delivery in 2022, is designed by the architect Jean Nouvel;
- Campuséa, the student residence to be delivered in 2019 and the Hekla Tower's little sister, offers a colourful design and panoramic views;
- Shops will complete the transformation of the district.
A neighbourhood designed with and for its residents
The consultation process, which has mobilised residents since 2012, has enabled them to participate in the definition of their new neighbourhood and to confirm their expectations on essential subjects:
- The improvement of pedestrian circulation within the neighbourhood
- The creation of welcoming public spaces
- Safety and security.
These priorities were further developed in thematic workshops and a cycle of exchanges devoted to the development of public spaces which continued in 2020.
- 1 park
- 1 promenade of 500 metres
- 1 central square
- Children's games
- 1 skate park
- 3 real estate programs
- 2 shops
- 1 two-wheel car park
Key dates of the project
- 2019 : Delivery of the Campuséa student residence
- 2020 :
- Start of work on the public spaces
- Development of the central square and the Valettes crossroads
- Completion of the suspended promenade and the area around the Hekla Tower
- 2021 :
- Redevelopment of the area around the Tour Défense 2000 and delivery of Landscape
- Start of work on the Rose de Cherbourg park (delivery summer 2022)
- 2022 : Delivery of the public spaces and the Hekla Tower
Click to enlarge and see all images