Master of work: Paris La Défense
Project manager: Richez Associés / INGEROP
Landscaper : Coloco
Surface : 26 000 sq.m.
Location : Arche Nord / CNIT (La Défense)
Start of work at the end of 2021
The public spaces of Place CARPEAUX are the public spaces located :
- On a slab comprising part of the Esplanade Nord, around the CNIT and up to the Faubourg de l'Arche district.
- At street level (route de la Demi-Lune, rue de Valmy and rue Carpeaux mainly, limited to the north by the Coupole sector, including the crossroads of the Division Leclerc.
In this sector are located the Transilien station, the T2 station, EOLE and Cœur Transport exits.
Following the consultation held in 2016, Place Carpeaux will be subject to an urban transformation by 2021, carried out and financed by Paris La Défense in order to accompany the changes in use and atmosphere generated by the arrival of the Tours Sisters and the new EOLE station, and the new accesses to the T2 and Transilien stations. The square will be levelled and new, unified surfacing will be laid to provide easier access and facilitate travel for people with reduced mobility. Pedestrian and vehicle flows will also be separated to enhance safety.
As the gateway to the business district, it is intended to become a place for living and entertainment, where everyone will be able to enjoy new islands of vegetation, welcoming street furniture and future sports leisure areas at the bottom of the towers and near the shops.
- Reconfiguring spaces to improve the cohabitation of different modes of travel
- Addressing the PMR accessibility of the place
- Comforting the presence of the plant
- Improve comfort: climatic, benches, bicycle arches, clear paths
- Enriching uses, including weekends
- Work on the quality of the fittings: legibility, coverings, steps, lighting, etc.