A green lung in the heart of the Rose de Cherbourg
Project owner: Paris La Défense
Start of works: 2021
Delivery: Summer 2022
The park borders the Boieldieu district, extends to the Tour Défense 2000, via Rue Louis Pouey and continues to Square Turpin.
By 2022, the park of over 1 hectare will be the green lung of the Rose de Cherbourg project.
At the gateway to the business district, this group of gardens represents a real place of resourcing and calm, protecting it from the surrounding agitation.
Connecting these groups of gardens within a park protected from the main traffic flows is the essential challenge for these spaces, which are currently fragmented and not very accessible to people with reduced mobility.
This project also contributes to the reintroduction of biodiversity in the Rose de Cherbourg sector.
The park will be a living place accessible to all. It will be a preserved place, dedicated to walking and contemplating a rich and diverse vegetation (flowers, textures, smells).
A variety of spaces will be available for all tastes and all age groups: games, benches, walks, etc.
This park will facilitate pedestrian connections with the neighbouring districts and will allow residents to get from one point to another more easily and intuitively.
Considerable thought has been given to retaining as many trees as possible in the project (those whose phytosanitary condition allows it) as well as the planted mounds. In fact, one of the main thrusts of the Rose de Cherbourg project is to perpetuate and increase the place of vegetation throughout the sector, notably with the planting of more than 300 trees on site.
Facets of the project
- Bringing the slopes up to standard (-5%) in order to facilitate movement for all in the park (people with reduced mobility, pushchairs)
- Lighting of the pathways
- Extension of a pedestrian access by the pavement of the RN1013 towards the Rond-Point de La Défense
- Strengthening of the plant palette with more variety while preserving the environment
- New uses and furniture
Playgrounds for all age groups!
- A playground near the Expodref Residence: located in a wooded area, low wooden games will enliven the area. This 'playground in a forest' is the guiding principle of this development!
- A 'accrobranche' type play area (games of skill and balance) is planned on the Square Turpin side, in which the apparatus follow one another and lead to the final slide (urban games delimited by fences, safe from 5 and 6 years old)
- Another play area in Turpin Square, near Rue Lavoisier: spring games from 3 years old
- Two other areas offer more classic games, reserved for lower age groups: rocking games, house slides, tunnel
The park in figures
- 207 trees preserved
- 76 trees planted
- 1.5 hectares of planted and grassed areas
- 836 sq.m. of additional planted areas