Origine et Nouvelle Vague
Developer: Paris La Défense
Investor and project manager offices: Icade
Architects : Maud Caubet Architects / Quadrifiore Architecture
Surface area: 80,000 m² (80% leased to Technip FMC)
Offices (70,000 sq.m) and housing (10,000 sq.m)
1 day care center
Delivery date: 2020
Location: Parc Nord district (Nanterre)
A mixed-use office and residential program
The Origine and Nouvelle Vague program is strategically located at the foot of the Paris La Défense Arena and the future RER E station, the third new station in the Eole project, which will be built on the Groues railway line. So this project does not have one construction site, but two! Indeed, this huge 80,000 m² campus mixes "Origin", a vast office program, and "New Wave", a housing offer.
The program includes the demolition and reconstruction of 70,000 square meters of office space in two phases of 30,000 and 40,000 square meters. But also 450 m² of retail space, including 185 m² in the office program and 10,000 m² of housing.
The "Nouvelle Vague" housing program includes:
- 78 housing units, or 5,580 sq.m. of floor area;
- 67 social rental housing units, i.e. 4,575 sq.m. of floor area;
- 1 private day care center, i.e. 454 m² of floor area;
- 1 commercial space on the first floor of the building, i.e. 269 sq.m. GFA.
The facade on the street is composed of a double skin in perforated metal cassettes. The rear facade is set back from the first floor and offers the apartments large terraces.
The "Origin" office project includes:
- 70,000 m² of offices and services;
- 6,500 m² of landscaped areas (interior gardens, patios, loggias, landscaped core areas);
- state-of-the-art equipment;
- an innovative mixed wood/concrete structure
- large floor plates offering optimal flexibility;
- multiple integrated services.
In addition, Origine offers a retail outlet at the foot of the building.
Between urbanity and naturalness, the building is designed with a mixed wood and concrete structure. The associated agencies, Maud Caubet Architects and Quadri Fiore Architecture, were inspired by the rocky islands of Ha Long Bay. The two buildings, R+7 and R+8, which include offices and services (restaurant, business center, fitness room), are located around a central garden with passages open to the neighborhood. The building's facade is punctuated by tree-lined terraces, thus giving nature an important place.
The program's certifications are ambitious: HQE Excellent, LEED Gold, BREEAM Excellent, WELL Core & Shell Silver, E+C- E2C2, BiodiverCity and WiredScore Platinum.
Click to enlarge