Developer: Paris La Défense
Architects/Urban planners: TVK Architectes Urbanistes
Surface area: 4 hectares
Location: at the interface between La Défense, Puteaux, the Park and Terrasses districts in Nanterre.
Since 2010, a dialogue has been initiated with the inhabitants in order to improve their daily lives and the development of a sector marked by road infrastructure.
The urban renewal project based on the 2012 urban feasibility study (the architecture and urban planning agency TVK) foresees the construction of a mixed neighbourhood with a predominantly residential character.
Phase 2 of the Crescent, is currently under study. It envisages a mixed programme of housing and facilities (hotel, gymnasium, etc.).
The objectives of the urban project
- Opening towards the business district, the surrounding areas and the André Malraux Park
- Urban requalification of a highly constrained sector
- Creation of a mixed-use neighborhood with diverse housing units
- 27,000 sq.m of accommodation
- 3 600 sq.m of hotel
- 1,000 sq.m of equipment
- The real estate lots
- Arche Horizon (link to project file on the site)
- School of higher education (idem)
- Altana (idem)
- Development of public spaces
Click to enlarge