Developer: Paris La Défense
Developer: Eiffage Immobilier
Architect: Jean-Paul Viguier & Associés
Surface area: 20,941 m² - 196 parking spaces
Location: Nanterre, University district - Cœur de Quartier
Located in Nanterre, in the heart of the new Cœur de Quartier, in the natural extension of Europe's leading business district, CityLife is an office building with 23,000 sq.m. of net floor area of workspace and services, designed by Jean-Paul Viguier.
Benefiting from the dynamics of an established tertiary sector hub, served by the RER A in an environment combining shops, residential programs, hotels and leisure facilities, the building offers perfect accessibility by individual and public transport.
CityLife offers bright and flexible offices with a wide range of services. CityLife is based on a dynamic architecture that breaks with traditional configurations and uses, allowing the site to adapt to individual needs. The configuration of the office space is based on comfort and well-being, offering a privileged working environment.
City Life is a prism composed of three office wings linked by vertical circulation and cut in its center by a triangular-shaped void over the entire height of the building.
These three wings, of unequal thickness, give it a great compactness in plan and floor levels designed to be divided according to two different occupants. Its interior void allows the office floors to be illuminated transversely, as well as the communication staircases between the floors, which are located in the façade.
In the lower part of the void and on the first floor roof, a garden contributes to the vegetal atmosphere. The architecture of this building is designed to make it a quickly identifiable building in this new district, by its original form and its role in the articulation of road, rail and pedestrian flows.
The reception, the company restaurant, the cafeteria and the meeting rooms located on the first floor constitute a sort of showcase for the building. The facades reflect a concern for modernity through the use of clear glass and aluminum panels that punctuate the reading. The vegetation on the facades brings freshness and modernity to the building.
CityLife is distinguished by a double-height first floor (4 meters high) that groups together all the services, including the City hub, a welcome zone that allows users and their guests to access all the services in the building:
- City Center: alternative work spaces, modular rooms for meetings from 4 to 100 participants,
- City Shop and Groom: a French-style convenience store, a Click&Collect, a concierge service and digital room service,
- City Wellness: a fitness/wellness center, a Beauty Room (aesthetics, hairdressing, manicure, massages, etc.), health services (physiotherapy, osteopathy, etc.),
- City Break: a space for 740 meals, a flexible restaurant space that can accommodate informal work sessions, restaurant services with the Green Restaurant© label,
- City Garden: a vast central patio accessible from the second floor, a green space with accessible terraces, a green wall on the façade,
- City Prime: a high-end restaurant offer in a more confidential setting,
- City Share: a waiting area dedicated to visitors, an informal work space,
- City Lobby: a functional and pleasant reception area.
- Offices: 8 floors - ground floor to 7 floors offering a total of 14 independent lots
- HQE Excellent and BREEAM Excellent certification, BBC -64% label
A word about the architect
Founded in 1992 by Jean-Paul Viguier, the agency was built around a team of associates that has grown over time to form a group of 12 members whose skills and experience allow them to deal with complex projects. Together with Jean-Paul Viguier, they have set the agency on a long-term course by undertaking a process of transmission. Its initiation begins with the adoption of a new name in 2019: VIGUIER.
Click to enlarge