Boulevard de La Défense
Developer : Paris La Défense
Client : The Department of Hauts-de-Seine
The linear of the boulevard is 1,425 m divided into three distinct sections:
- The crossroads of La Folie - Carrefour Césaire
- The Césaire - Carrefour Hébert crossroads
- The Hebert - Carrefour Arago crossroads Future link between Les Groues and Seine Arche, the Boulevard de La Défense will serve :
- The VINCI archipelago
- The Tower of the Arch Gardens
- New Wave and Origin
- The future real estate programs in the West Fringe of the Groups
Location: Nanterre, Parc Nord district
- Section 1 : January 2019 - April 2022
- Section 2: September 2019 - May 2021
- Section 3: Beginning 2022 - End 2024.
Redeveloping the Boulevard de La Défense, a territorial challenge
The major developments planned as part of the project to redevelop boulevard de La Défense into an urban boulevard consist of :
- Two-way traffic with two lanes,
- The implementation of a one-way two-way bicycle path on the sidewalk,
- The installation of a shaft alignment and ground covers,
- The replacement of public lighting and traffic lights.
The issues during the works are :
- The permanent maintenance of two traffic lanes,
- The preservation of pedestrian paths to reach transport hubs and major facilities,
- Taking into account the events scheduled at the Paris La Defense Arena,
- Phasing of road works according to the progress of related projects.
Ultimately, this operation will link and connect the districts of Les Groues, the Nanterre terraces and the University for a calm and balanced continuity.