Reducing the district's electricity consumption, a collective effort!
In 2022, Paris La Défense brought together nearly 400 representatives of companies, owners and managers of buildings in La Défense. Organized with RTE, the IFPEB and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Hauts-de-Seine, the purpose of this meeting was to take stock of the future situation in terms of electricity supply and to set common objectives aimed at reducing the district's electricity consumption by 15% by the end of the winter.
This unprecedented collective approach is in line with the strategic direction of Paris La Défense, which aims to halve the area's greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
4 actions to act together!
Background image from Coeur Défense, (c) Carlos Ayesta
Paris La Défense has proposed to all the companies in the business district 4 actions that respond to have a positive impact both in the short term and in the long term on the difficulties of electricity supply, but also to the long term energy challenges:
- Turn off offices and buildings at night: It will now be dark at night in La Défense! This action, which has a strong exemplary value, meets regulatory requirements and will promote awareness of good practices among companies and their employees.
- Carry out a diagnosis of the technical installations and centralized management tools. The objective? To ensure better use of existing devices! The aim is to ensure better use of the existing systems. * Lower the temperature set point of premises by 1 or 2 degrees, whether in office buildings or in hotels in the region.
- In the context of the current energy crisis, in the event of an Ecowatt red signal, optimize the use of heating in buildings (lowering temperatures and shifting heating times), avoid charging electric vehicles during peak hours, and limit consumption after 6:00 p.m. for unoccupied premises (lighting, heating, ventilation).
To go further
- Ecowatt: supported by RTE and ADEME, EcoWatt is a citizen's initiative that enables French citizens, companies and local authorities to consume electricity at the right time and thus reduce the risks of power cuts in France. An Ecowatt commitment charter also allows companies to commit themselves more fully to better electricity consumption and to mobilize their customers and employees around eco-gestures.
- The Hauts-de-Seine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) has put in place a number of measures to help businesses, VSEs and SMEs make the transition to energy efficiency.