Paris La Défense, Europe's leading business district
In Paris La Défense, 180,000 employees work side by side every day in Europe's leading business district, one of the largest in the world, home to no less than 500 companies, 40% of which are foreign-owned. The area covers more than 560 hectares and offers nearly 3.7 million sq.m. of office and coworking space.
The Paris La Défense towers are home to the head offices of the biggest CAC 40 companies, SMEs and startups. It is an urban district that includes offices, housing and shops. Its proximity to the three Paris airports and its public transport links make the Paris La Défense district a strategic location for companies wishing to set up in the area.
An internationally recognised shopping destination with more than 63 million visitors a year, it is home to one of Europe's largest shopping centres, Westfield Les 4 Temps, which, along with the Cnit, are two emblematic shopping venues. Gastronomy is omnipresent with 60 bars and restaurants, not forgetting the food trucks that allow you to have lunch or a coffee while enjoying a break in the open air, in all seasons.
Leisure activities are an integral part of La Défense with Europe's largest theatre: Paris La Défense Arena offers performances, matches and concerts just a few steps away from the Grande Arche. Throughout the year exhibitions, festivals, activities and entertainment are organised, and the Christmas market in the La Défense district is now the largest Christmas market in the Paris Region.
Both a showcase for France's economic dynamism and the driving force behind Greater Paris, La Défense is a constantly evolving area with growing appeal. It is a real living district where workers, visitors and tourists rub shoulders on 31 hectares of pedestrian areas and 27 hectares of green spaces. It is also an exceptional public transport hub with 5 railway lines, 22 bus lines and soon two new stations thanks to the extension of the RER E.
The key figures for the Paris La Défense area are synonymous with dynamism, with over 3.7 million sq.m. of office space, millions of annual visitors, the largest shopping centre in Europe, 300 retailers, 60 bars and restaurants.
Paris La Défense is :
- The 1st business district in Europe
- The 4th most attractive business district in the world (EY/ULI - March 2020)
- 3.7 million square metres of office space
- 45,000 sq.m. of coworking space
- 15 Fortune Global 500 companies
- 500 companies, 40% of which are foreign companies
- 180,000 employees, 60% of whom are professional and managerial staff
- 2,600 hotel rooms, 68% of which are occupied by business tourism
- 1 hub composed of 5 public transport lines
- 42,000 inhabitants, 45,000 students
- 150,000 homes located less than 20 minutes' walk from Paris La Défense
- 245,000 sq.m. of retail space
- 10,000 sq.m. of new catering space since 2018
- 20 higher education institutions
- 27 hectares of green spaces
- 31 hectares of pedestrian areas
- A collection of more than 60 artworks in the public space signed by international artists
Setting up in Paris La Défense © 11h45
Setting up in Paris La Défense
Choosing Paris La Défense means joining Europe's leading business district and wanting to be at the heart of a business hub with more than 500 companies and 180,000 employees, a real international gateway to Greater Paris. Paris La Défense offers solutions to companies of all sizes (VSEs, SMEs, ETIs and large companies) from a wide range of sectors.
Welcome pack for companies © Carlos Ayesta
Welcome pack for companies
Are you looking for a location for your company? Do you have a question about the business district and what it has to offer? Are you planning to set up your company in the area? Are you setting up your company in the area? A dedicated service is at your disposal: Paris La Défense can advise and support you in your project.
Head of the territorial and international promotion department